Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My beloved Cartagena


Castle of san Felipe

Growing up in a city where the pollution and the traffic is a part my everyday life, and the stress for my responsibilities makes me feel exhausted; the possibility of escaping from that reality represents for me a stop on the way. In just two hours north of my home, I can find that place where all my stress disappears and my desire for enjoying my life takes place. That city is Cartagena de Indias.

The opportunity to find a place where the tropical environment is mixed with history represents for me the perfect place. It´s great wall, churches, narrow streets and beautiful architecture make this city one of the most romantic cities in the world. For me, whenever I visit Cartagena, time seems to stop and take me back to the colonial period.

The possibility of staying on the beach with my friends, drinking a delicious whisky and listening to a band playing the accordion, represents the pleasure of life for me. I have been in this city at least once a year during the last ten years, and each time that I visited the beautiful city I have felt all my concerns and stress disappear. Every time I leave, Cartagena always comes to my mind and the moment when I will return.  I hope that one day I can move to this city and live the rest of my life there.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Carlos for teaching me about this city that has stolen your heart. I hope to see it some day!

    ReplyDelete