Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Climbing the Mountain


Please God don't remove the mountain because I haven't finished climbing. At the beginning of the year 2011, I had many expectations for the year because I knew that after many years I would move to a different country to learn English.

Finally, my girlfriend and I moved to Atlanta. Although we thought that living in the US would be an easy process and would the like a vacation, we were wrong because learning a second language is something that demands a lot of time and effort. Likely, the easier solution would be return to our country and give up our dream. However, we decided to struggle and continue with the process of learning English despite the difficulties that it represented for us.

All of this summed up in one word "perseverance". It is not the shocks or falling dawn that a make man fail. Rather it his unwillingness to get up and move on. Nowadays, I know that this is only the first step in a long path that probably will never finish because after climbing one´s first high mountain, a person usually discoves that there are many other mountains to climb.

Although I don't know when I will get to the first mountain top, I expect that at the end of 2012 we will be able to harvest the first fruits of all these efforts. Despite uncertainty, for me what is really important is that I will say that I never gave up.

1 comment:

  1. "I never gave up," very powerful words! Carlos, what is the purpose of climbing from one mountain top to another? I used to think that was always good--that from the constant climbing, we become stronger. Now, I am not so sure. I wonder if it depends on the importance of that mountain and is it the right one for us to climb.

    Do like climbing the mountain of English language? What have you learned from the climb?

    ReplyDelete