Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you


Me in the world


Probably one of the hardest jobs for a person is to define who he is in this life you are. In my case, I can´t say that I have an exact definition of myself. A definition would reduce to indicate what I have done in my life and my objectives for the future. I believe that the best way to find out who I am, is to identify my life´s ideologies and how they are connect with my life.

Growing up in a country where social conflicts were common and respect for life had little importance, I realized that one of my life´s objectives was helping to protect people´s rights. For that reason, I decided to study law, thinking that it was the best way to learn what justice means. Having studied for this career, I could understand what important for me is the respect for people rights. For that reason, I believe “justice” and “fairness” is a part of my personality and is how I want to be identified.

Although the definition of "justice" and "fairness" is something that I haven´t finished understanding, I believe that the meanings of these words reduce to the golden rule: “"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you”.

1 comment:

  1. We are so lucky for having you in this world Carlos. I know you are making it a better place! Thank you for learning my language and writing about the golden rule in English!

    ReplyDelete